Tuesday 24 January 2012

This week's Meal Plan

I've been inspired by the exciting Mrs M's blog to link up my menu plans on a Monday (or as soon after as I can manage) so even though I write my plan on a Friday or Saturday to shop over the weekend (in person or online) I am going to try to get the plan on the blog every week, even if I don't manage to get any recipes up inbetween, though I will try and use Blogger on my SmartPhone for recipe posts in the week if I can.  Any requests gratefully received...

So here is this week, and it's been going to plan so far too:

Saturday:  Roast gammon (was half price in Morrisons) with halogen oven roast potatoes and roast beetroot with creme fraiche, parsley sauce and a bag of steamed mixed veg.

Sunday: oxtail stew & rice

Monday: jacket potatoes (microwave then halogen crisped) with egg mayo, cheese and baked beans

Tuesday: ethically sourced British veal, with mushrooms, spring onions and paprika in a cream sauce with Spaetzle & brocolli.

Wednesday: left over gammon, toast, carrots batons, olives, fruits.

Thursday:  decent quality chipolata sausages with Smash (we didn't actually end up having this last week)

Friday: cubes of salmon marinated in orange juice, sherry, soya sauce and sesame oil and grilled on skewers.  With rice and stir fried green.

3 comments:

  1. How was the Spaetzle and veal? Sounds yum :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummy ta, no leftovers, tho needed longer cooking or pressure cooking or cutting more finely. But I didn't see cooking times til too late. I wld definitely buy again.

      Delete
  2. Mmmm, it is weird that I'm craving roast beetroot now? What a strange thing to lust after but yum.

    Thanks for joining in, all sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete